Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Walk Two Hundred and Sixty – The start of the walk

This is the view down the road as I head off on most of my walks. Hopkins Crescent opposite running parallel to the High Street, the village hall, car park, phone box and zebra crossing further down the road. The day started with pouring rain, so the minute it stopped I dashed up to the Bluebell wood and back. There was no time to draw as I had to rush off straight away to pick up Xavier, but I drew this when I got back. Click on the picture to see a bigger version.

410mm x 130mm ink and watercolour in large watercolour Moleskine

9 Comments:

Blogger Lin said...

Julie -- This is GORGEOUS!! Loose and yet detailed -- great shading !!! LOVE IT!!!!

3:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like it has been snowing.

3:48 am  
Blogger Alison said...

This gives such an accurate feel of an English village street - as Lin says, loose but detailed and beautiful in monochrome

10:35 am  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Thanks Lin. Alison I had intended to add some colour but it just became too cold - which is why, Rachel, it looks as though it's been snowing (which it hasn't) because the white of the grass would have been green.

2:17 pm  
Blogger Robin Oakley said...

You might like to see the artist in action - i was working at home and ran out with the camera: http://www.xboi.com/images/julie_draw_07.jpg

2:48 pm  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Don't look - it spoils the illusion

10:24 pm  
Blogger Penny said...

Lovely Julie, at least I like to think you were not wet, you battle rain and we battle heat. What a lovely place to live in.My computer has been being fixed, made a mess of more like it so finally back to visiting blogs.

5:33 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG Julie! What an amazing picture! I haven't been making the rounds of everyones wonderful sketch-blogs but am SO very glad that I caught this one!

1:51 am  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

I love it! One of my all time favorites. Outstanding drawing and washes are exquisite.

8:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home