Saturday, January 06, 2007

Walk Two Hundred and Fifty-Six – ‘Beauty is truth, truth beauty’

hut
The truth of the matter is that when I tried to draw the hut in the woods (mentioned in the previous post) this was the best I could manage. The constant rain all day has meant that walking up to the woods was like walking in a river bed (though my feet were dry and warm as toast in my new fur-lined boots) and when I attempted to draw on the increasingly sodden paper I had to abandon each drawing tool in my pencil case until at last some of the marks from the inkpen stuck to the page.
Note to self: How about a bus-shelter series?

200mm x 145mm, pencil, sepia pen, ink pen and rain in small cartridge sketchbook

5 Comments:

Blogger Hashi said...

Well I have to say I like the end result very much!

6:08 pm  
Blogger Penny said...

It looks very wet and interesting, even if its not what you intended. A bit of rain overnight, garden smelt heavenly this morning.

11:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those boots seem great, cold feet can be such a misery.

2:01 pm  
Blogger Alison said...

I love it too - looks soggy and cold

12:24 am  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

No worries - unexpected colours and sploshes and smudges are all learning points and might even look better than a carefully drawn line.
Once I was drawing a tennis court at a Jesuit retreat house where I was staying (don't ask how - okay it was a crafty three days and the only Jesuit in sight just read a book somewhere) and rain sploshed my drawing. I kept it anyway.
W.

3:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home