Thursday, January 04, 2007

Walk Two Hundred and Fifty-Four – Morning shadows

morningshadow
WALK254
I walked fairly early today as I wanted to catch the blue skies while we had them. I was rather surprised when the weather forecaster last night on the TV said that the forecast today was good news for SAD sufferers as it would be a bright sunny day. I’m grateful for and pleased by the pollen count being included in the weather forecast, but I’m not sure that it helps enormously to say that a day is going to be good or bad for SAD sufferers. I mean you feel depressed, you can’t face getting out of bed, and the weather forecaster has told you that it’s going to be dark and miserable outside, so why bother. Surely it’s even more important to get out and soak up whatever light there is on a dark, overcast day?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stumbled across you blog- and I am so glad I did! What an inspiring idea. I greatly enjoyed reading and seeing your little journeys. We miss so much when we drive around in our cars!
As for SAD sufferers, I've heard the best cure for that is regular excercize.

1:53 pm  
Blogger Lin said...

i so ADMIRE your daily walks -- and your sketches are always beautifully done!!!

4:38 pm  
Blogger Cin said...

beautiful! and beautiful in it's simplicity, amazing that just a little brushwork I really get a feel for that day

10:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful painting! I love the monotone wash - you've captured the light so well.

2:04 am  
Blogger Alison said...

I love the simple composition - really gives a feel of the rolling fields - and I love the stickyness of your winter hedgerows. There's been letters to the paper here about the use of the word 'fine' - people are getting annoyed about its incessant use when it's not fine at all - the sunshine and heat just mean all the plants die and everyone feels tired. Fine should be reserved for grey days with at least the chance of rain :)

2:21 am  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

Wow! I love the expansive feeling of this one. It doesn't leave me feeling SAD at all, though I have been experiencing a bit of that around here.

9:01 am  
Blogger Penny said...

Lovely long shadows. Haent heard of sad sufferers but they do give the pollen count on our weather. Lovely bit of rain today, followed by not so lovely very high winds.

10:23 am  
Blogger andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

beautiful shadows, beautiful picture.

1:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home