Monday, January 08, 2007

Walk Two Hundred and Fifty-Eight – Log, the woodland park

jfwplog
Today was Xavier’s fourth birthday (same day as Elvis!). I was so glad that this year (feeling under the weather) I had decided to opt out of the traditional party at home and instead book an indoor playground after nursery that sorted out the food and entertainment. These places are pretty soulless and I never think the parties are particularly memorable, but the kids don’t complain and it’s sooo much less work for me. Playgroup and nursery started again today for Xavier, so my walk (or rather, skate, over the mud) was coming home from nursery over Jersey Farm Woodland Park and returning to collect Xavier. As any mother knows, feeling ill is beside the point when your children need picking up and dropping off and being fed. As far as I can recall the only kind of illness that has allowed me to get out of these parental responsibilities has been going into hospital to have a baby! It rained all day, so this sketch was produced very quickly in a five minute pause in the downpour.

145mm x 210mm sepia ink in cream cartridge sketchbook

3 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

well done for stoppng in the downpour to do it. Such a nice log. Happy 4th Birthday to Xavier.

10:17 am  
Blogger Susan Borgas said...

Julie I do hope you are back on top of your health very quickly. I know when my three children were little, being sick made no difference to my routine, the jobs had to be done. Happy birthday to Xavier!

11:18 am  
Blogger Alison said...

Well, even these few lines are delightfully expressive - looks like a wet walk where one is glad of boots.

11:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home