Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Walk Two Hundred and Fifty-Two – Dismal day

horseinfield
I had a busy day, putting away Christmas decorations, taking down the tree, queuing up for ages to have it reduced to woodchips. My walk was therefore late in the day – almost dark, so a very quick sketch of a horse in the field behind Pound Farm. The dismal day relates not so much to the weather but sadness for others. A lady who lives in the same road lost two grown up sons a couple of days ago in a car accident and a local publican died suddenly on Christmas Eve. Although I don’t know any of the bereaved families, my walk up to the Bluebell wood and back was spent reflecting on their terrible pain and praying the prayers of the almost atheist for God to ease their suffering. I’m going now to hug my children.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

A forlorn little sketch for a miserable day. Poor lady to lose two sons at once.

2:23 am  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

There's something of the forlorn as Alison said in the sketch but also something hopeful about it too.

9:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home