Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Walk Two Hundred and Fifty-Nine – Tantrum

tantrum
Once again it was a constant drizzle of rain outside and I’m getting tired of ruining good sketchbook pages trying to draw in the wet. So before I dropped Xavier at nursery and setting off over the woodland park I drew my sweet-tempered darling child inside the car. I had his lunch in his new Superman birthday lunchbox which I was sure would delight him. However it turns out that he’s been badgering me for a lunchbox because he thinks having a lunchbox means joining the lunch club (which we can’t do because logistically we can’t get there at the start and the school understandably won’t let you join if you are always going to be twenty minutes late because it’s disruptive to the other children). The one on the top right was the first one I drew and really captures his fury.

Thank you for all the good wishes on my health – I feel a lot better, my throat still hurts but that fluey muscle-aching feeling has gone.

2 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

oh dear Julie, past the terrible two,s and into the naughty fours! I am glad you are feeling a bit better,sounds as if you need to be running on all engines not just some. Love the really angry look, he will be so embarrased when he is 12.

12:24 am  
Blogger Alison said...

You did well to catch these fast changing expressions. So many tantrums must be to do with different expectations/understandings - it can be so exhausting to sort them out.

8:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home