Friday, January 12, 2007

Walk Two Hundred and Sixty-Two – Shire horse – I think

shire

I know you probably think I’m au fait with the terminology for flora, fauna and anything else related to the English countryside but I’m not — I’m a complete idiot, but nevertheless prepared to learn if only it would stay in my head. Anyway having already been challenged ornithologically, I’m not going to stick my neck out when Penny one of the other one milers is an equine expert. Let’s just say it was fairly big, and it had big hairy feet, so the words ‘cart’ and ‘shire’ came to mind.
This was a very quick walk and sketch late in the day as the most of the day I was tending to a sick Xavier and washing vomit out of my hair and all the bedding on both his cot and our bed. After being unable to keep even water down for all of the morning, at about one o’ clock he announced that he was better and ready to eat breakfast. He had a tantrum when I reluctantly gave him a tiny portion of cereal, insisting he had to have the usual big bowl. I eventually caved in and wouldn’t you know it, he was quite right. The food revived him and a couple of hours later he was tucking into eggs on toast, followed by a supper a bit later on of sausages and the usual rejected vegetables.

100mm x 145mm brushpen in cartridge sketchbook

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, poor Xavier, and poor you! I'm glad the oatmeal revived him, and I LOVE your strong, graphic sketch. Sometimes not having enough time may be a good thing...

4:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bit hard to tell Julie but shire will do. Arnt children amazing when something like that hits it is awful and then over and done with. Poor you. Love the sketch. I leave out all the detail.
Sorry I am in as anonymous as I forgot to check with Blogger first. Penny

10:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home