Thursday, November 30, 2006

Walk Two Hundred and Nineteen – Quick morning watercolour

sandridgefivemins
Robin had the fun of the playgroup drop-off and pick-up and the nursery drop-off and pick-up as I had a meeting in London. I walked with Rufus up to the Bluebell wood and tried to produce something as quickly as possible. Sometimes the thought of trying to create something fills me with dread, but once I’ve done it, I’d quite happily draw and paint all day if I could.

120mm x 85mm in small watercolour moleskine

4 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Well, I like the quick feel of this very much. Sometimes I feel like that too but looking back, I am sooo pleased with what I've done - I never could have imagined ME doing THIS, this time last year. So thank you for walking/running/dashing/sloshing along the way :)

11:19 am  
Blogger little things said...

Wow - what a blog! You live in a gorgeous area, and have created some very talented works. I just LOVE the idea!

1:34 pm  
Blogger Penny said...

Julie this is lovely, but yes I am like Alison, sometimes I feel the same way, at the moment I dont think you would like views of paddocks with dust, poo's (horse or pony) and flies so I am trying to find buildings, anything but this oh so upsetting countryside.

9:20 pm  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

Thank you for sharing both this lovely and powerful little painting and your words. It's so reassuring to know you feel that way too sometimes and then that feeling of wanting to keep going all day I also know well. Do you think it's the "trying to create something" or knowing that once it's created it needs to get posted that causes that dread feeling?

7:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home