Monday, November 20, 2006

Walk Two Hundred and Nine – Nomansland

nomanslandcol2
I fully intended to add watercolour to my ink drawing in the field. However as I reached into my bag I discovered I’d forgotten to pack the brushes, probably a good thing as chickenpoxy Xavier was getting bored – he’d lost interest in playing on his likebike and was making his own art smearing mud up and down my trousers. So when I arrived home I added colour from memory digitally and then played around some more with it. If you’re interested in the two previous stages have a look on my flickr page

195mm x 125mm digital illustration

3 Comments:

Blogger Making A Mark said...

Well I really like this!

I think if you've trained your eye to think colour and your brain to remember colour then actually being away from a scene can enable you to get to the guts of it somehow or other..........

10:03 pm  
Blogger Penny said...

Oh poor Xavier with chicken pox, and poor you too. Love this digitally done one but like a lot better your rained on one with all its lovely runny oranges.

12:19 am  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

Sorry to hear about the chickenpox. I'm sure that's just what you needed on top of everything else you're doing! I like all the interesting and original textures you added and the woodblock look to the ink.

7:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home