Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Walk Two Hundred and Eighteen – Bench

bench988
The benches that have been chosen for Jersey Farm Woodland Park do have the merit of being made from recycled carrier bags. All we need now is for the manufacturers to spend a bit of money on design so that recycled doesn’t have to mean worthy but ugly.

A brief stop in the middle of the nursery run to sketch as, like London buses, all the paid work has arrived at the same time.

200mm x 130mm ink pen in cartridge paper sketch book

5 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

Where on earth do my days go. You have 3 sketches up and I am finally looking at them. Love the boots, the branch looks very autumn like and I love the way you have done the bench and its surrounds.

9:59 am  
Blogger Alison said...

very satisfying composition, this one - the way it takes your eye around the page. Hope you're not too snowed under.

11:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm intrigued as to what colour these benches are.............I keep imagining the bags from different shops all mixed up. Bit like my spare plastic bag pile used to be before I found this new fangled thing which means they're all out of sight!

12:55 pm  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Penny, they just disappear don't they?
Alison, I hate to say it but this is one of those ones that looks better on the web than off it. So many people complain that their work looks worse scanned and on-line, but for me, much of the time the reverse is true!
Katherine, I think if the benches were multicoloured they might possibly look better, but no they're just a very dark brown faux wood. The shape is where I think there's a great deal of room for improvement.

6:33 pm  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

I learn so much from looking at your drawings; your design, balance, lines, dark/light contrast...it's all just so teriffic and a pleasure to see.

7:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home