Sunday, November 26, 2006

Walk Two Hundred and Fifteen – Trees from Pound Farm

frompoundfarm
I feel you could spend your life drawing trees and never run out of beautiful, interesting subject matter. This is all I’ve done today because I was up half the night being sick with the ‘interesting’ fish I cooked last night. You know when you cook something that is so vile that nobody else in the family is prepared to eat it, but as the cook you feel compelled to make a hearty meal of it. Well I think that’s why I’m the only ill person. Fortunately, it feels like a one day wonder so tomorrow I should be awash with gratitude for normality.

5 Comments:

Blogger andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Very nice. I love all the different levels and lines. I like it more the more I look.

12:55 am  
Blogger Alison said...

Poor you - I love your explanation - it's just SO what mothers do! I remember when my mother poured coffee essence into the gravy - loads of it as she wondered why the gravy wasn't turning brown - and when I pointed out the error, she insisted that no one would notice. She poured it all over her dinner and resolutely ate it while everyone else was quearying the smell, the taste, correctly identifying the problem and refusing to ruin their dinners with it.
Great variety of trees here and I love the clouds.

7:57 am  
Blogger Penny said...

I suppose its months with r or without r that you dont eat shellfish in the northern hemisphere, perhaps that was it.(We eat anything from the sea in any month here so long as we can get it!) horrid feeling tho. Such interesting shapes in your hedgerows. And interesting shaped trees, most of our local ones look much the same, although the imported stuff is thank goodness different.

9:50 am  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Thank you Andrea - I really got absorbed in this one. Alison we have a tradition in the family at dinner time to recall our 'happy moment' of the day and today, for me, it was reading your story – so funny.
Penny of course I imagine the reason we have such a variety is probably also the large quantity of imported trees - just that they were imported such a long time ago that we think they're native.

11:19 pm  
Blogger Making A Mark said...

Love the trees from somebody who loves drawing trees - hope you;re feeling better now.

2:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home