Thursday, July 06, 2006

Walk Seventy-three – Poppies in the pea field

poppiespeas

walk73

I set off this morning at 7:00 - yippee! When I arrived back in the village I was standing at the zebra crossing and some distance away there was a large green truck coming down the road. I hesitated, to be absolutely sure the driver could see us before I crossed. The driver saw me but kept on driving and stuck his palm out of the window towards me as if to say ‘I’m more important than you, so I’m not going to stop’. I was enraged, but I quickly forgot about it, I had things to do and a little boy to drive to playgroup. After finishing my tasks I drove back down the High Street and prepared to do the tricky manoeuvre I always have to do, reversing into my drive. I’ve been reversing into my drive for years and can usually do it in one swift movement, however what should I see but a large green truck coming down the road. It completely threw my concentration – the poor driver had to wait as I went backwards and forwards numerous times across the High Street struggling to fit into my narrow drive – of course I put my palm out of the window apologetically...

4 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

What a great post! What comes around, goes around! Glad he had to wait!!! Love the poppies in the field!

6:02 pm  
Blogger Penny said...

It happens to us all! Love the poppies they look so bright, I have had an awful day with a lost pug.

11:09 am  
Blogger Alison said...

A lovely sense of distance again. Do you always say 'truck'? - in Scotland we always said 'lorry' and I only learnt 'truck' when we went to America.

12:51 pm  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Tami, I'm not usually one for revenge, life is too short, but I have to say I couldn't believe my luck as he came down the road!
Penny I hope you've found him/her safe.
Alison we say both probably equal amounts.

9:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home