Friday, June 30, 2006

Walk Sixty-seven – Love in a mist

nigella

walk67
A lovely summer evening at about seven in the evening. I bemoan the darkness of winter and the cold, but it’s only when you’re in a tropical country that you’re reminded of what a gift these long light evenings are, for those of us in temperate regions. I really did lie down on the grass verge to be able to look up at the flower and see the sky behind. Later Robin caught up with me on his bike, with Xavier on the back, and they accompanied me for the rest of the walk.

6 Comments:

Blogger sixth lie said...

that's a damned cool idea. i bookmarked to check back often. a full year - thats a long time for a four-mile square, no?

how much stuff could there be?

11:10 pm  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Sixthlie, the beauty of this is that there is so much in such a small space, and you really look and appreciate what is there. When I'm very, very old and creaky I may start up a 100 yards from home blog and spend my time trying to catch insects to draw - oh dear, that sounds like the beginnings of mad old lady behaviour.

11:23 pm  
Blogger Penny said...

Love these two, you inspire me to find more things on my walk. Mad old lady behaviour? Hmm, I am a lot closer than you, see what happened to me yesterday!
Cold and wet here, love to see the summer colours.
I bought the landscape pitt pens yesterday, will see how they go.

3:46 am  
Blogger Alison said...

I've still got a bit over 300 'things to find to draw' - despite something having turned up every day so far, sometimes I still wonder how it can possibly continue :) This is a great perspective - amazing what you can do withjust one flower.

12:06 pm  
Blogger Making A Mark said...

Great perspective! I've done this with trees but never with flowers. Nice one

9:05 am  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Penny, hope you're enjoying those pens
Alison, with the summer you know it will get easier and easier - difficult to choose with all the growth and plants etc.
Katherine, flowers are a bit too close to the ground for this to be a regular viewpoint for me!

2:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home