Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Walk Seventy-one – Morning walk

graphiteview

WALK71

I’m not much of a morning person, but I really should make the effort to become one. During these hot, summer days it’s so pleasant with the cooler air and the morning mist. The last time I walked regularly in the early morning was the summer I was pregnant with Xavier. I would wake up at four or five in the morning and think ‘Oh my God, I’m forty-four and I’m going to have another baby!’ I just couldn’t get back to sleep. The shock and excitement continued throughout the pregnancy, so with no-one else awake I would drag Rufus out and walk miles so that I could at least get fit for the challenge ahead.

6 Comments:

Blogger Making A Mark said...

I really like this one - it has such a feel of that early morning haze you get on very warm summer mornings.

And mornings in this weather are glorious! That's before the fan had to go on the overdrive setting and I have to switch the computer off to let it have the computer version of a long cool drink!

9:10 am  
Blogger Alison said...

My goodness, you're on a roll - each one more amazing than the last. I love this one - you've got such great feelings of space in your recent pics. I could go out in the mornings for a fog effect but it would be minus 2 - but I'll have to in the summer.

10:36 am  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Katherine, I just wish I could get myself out of the house at six, when it's really cool.
Alison you are going to have it so easy in 6 month's time. When it's cold and wet the thing I hate is that you can't even get watercolours to dry.

2:34 pm  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

This is absolutely precious. I love the way the little bushes or haystacks (?) are glowing in the new light. I am so crazy about your work! And a baby at 44--oh my goodness! How old is he now?

7:01 am  
Blogger Penny said...

I agree with Jana, a baby that late! But I bet he is a treasure. Another and another great drawing.

10:47 am  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Jana, he's three and a half now. I look at the other mothers as we line up to go playgroup and mentally dare them to think I'm his grandmother. Penny, he is hard work, the most strong-willed of my four children, but also a treasure and a delight – and I'm still in a state of shock.

1:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home