Saturday, June 24, 2006

Walk Sixty-one – Childwickbury arts fair

hats


kubrick

stablesclock

walk61

Oh what a lovely day. Fruit and veg market shopping and Robin came with me and carried all the heavy bags. Then I set off to Childwickbury arts fair with good friends Natalie and Katie. I drew, I ate, I bumped into more friends, I glazed raku pottery vases and had them fired, I bumped into more friends, I made a juggling ball from pure wool in Xavier's favorite colour, I bumped into more friends. I drew. I walked home and our dear friends Jenny, Guy and Octavia stayed for a barbecue supper. A special, lovely day.

The top picture was when the electricity generator failed for the hat fashion show and instead of using recorded music one of the live musicians stood in and was so good he must have surpassed any recorded music they may have planned .
The middle picture is Christiana Kubrick in the wonderful plein air studio that they’ve set up (decking and a marquee roof right next to the pastoral landscape of their grounds).
The bottom picture is the lovely clock over the arched entrance into the courtyard of the stable buildings that make the wonderful studio space for Christiana Kubrick, her daughter and friends and students .

4 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

Oh Julie, what a lovely collection of sketchs for me to see now I am home from Melbourne, I had so little time to sketch, lots of walking, no time tonight, more tomorrow Penny

7:36 am  
Blogger Alison said...

Oh, indeed what a lovely day and collection of drawings - what a great idea to have a plein air sketching space at an art day - and marvellous hats.

1:32 pm  
Blogger Felicity Grace said...

Lovely collection of drawings (I like the bottom one especially) and each so different in style.

8:09 am  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Thank you all!

12:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home