Friday, February 02, 2007

Walk Two Hundred and Eighty-Three – Same again

pencileveningsky
I walked in the evening again today. My first drawing was of the garage and was hopeless because I was feeling too under the weather and too girly to manage drawing cars. Then I had very little time to do another drawing as the hungry hordes would not want the roast pork burnt. So a quick go at much the same as yesterday, but in pencil. Then I walked up to the bluebell wood and back.

On the way down I looked up at the sky and couldn’t work out why I couldn’t see the moon – there were lots of gaps between the clouds. And then I looked down the hill and saw the edge of a huge peach-coloured moon just beginning to rise above the dark, velvety fields trees and hedges. With the blue-grey sky and puffs of lilac cloud it was a wonderful sight to watch it slowly rise and gradually change to yellow. Why is this something I hardly ever see? Is it because I’m usually too distracted by the sunset to turn round and see the moon rise?

200mm x 145mm pencil in cartridge sketchbook

2 Comments:

Blogger Cin said...

it's nice to see pencil, except in figure drawing class I've nearly forgotten about it as a medium, really like your mark making here it contributes so much to the appeal of the scene

I've forgotten about moon rise too, I'll have to keep an eye out for one

2:10 am  
Blogger Penny said...

I dont care if it is the same, its not because you did it beautifully in pencil. I keep seeing the moon very bright at the moment in my nightly perambulations trying to get rid of cramp.

9:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home