Sunday, January 28, 2007

Walk Two Hundred and Seventy-Eight – Caps Cottages

capscottages
walk278
I didn’t really want to go out in the cold and wind but I dragged myself out. As happens so often with pleine aire, well laid plans went awry. I was planning a bigger painting in a watercolour block, but when I lifted the covering sheet I discovered that I hadn’t got round to taking out the previous painting and I had no scalpel, knife or credit card to slit the sheet, remove it and work on the next sheet. Fortunately this little sketchbook was also in my bag. It seems to me that adapatability is one of the important aspects of pleine aire work – either that or better organisation than I have.
200mm x 145mm pene and watercolour in small cartridge sketchbook

4 Comments:

Blogger Karen Sandstrom said...

Those clouds are amazing. Beautiful, Julie!

11:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We often have to think on our feet when working on the spot! You certainly pulled it off, Julie, this is glorious. Fresh, intense, moody, PRESENT...

2:47 am  
Blogger Penny said...

I agree wonderful clouds and a lovely feel to the whole thing, even the pylon!

9:54 am  
Blogger Alison said...

Yesterday, I took Mum to see (Beatrix) Potter as I had to manage a 4 hour outing without her wheelchair which needed a new valve. This sketch reminds me of some of the scenes from the Lake District. I enjoyed the film - it made some interesting links between her life and her stories and showed her as a feisty lady in the face of numbing parental control. we have a new cinema complex which has sparked a price war amongst the other ones so i am seeing more than usual.

11:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home