Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Walk Two Hundred and Eighty-Seven – After the prang

aftertheprang
I still can’t shake off this cold and today with a head that felt as though cottonwool had been forcibly injected into every orifice, I picked up Xavier to take him to Nursery. Outside the school I had to park on the road whilst I waited for someone to move out of the much safer layby. Then when it was free I reversed – straight into the car parked behind me. We probably would have barely touched if it wasn’t for the tow bar that Robin has recently fixed to the back of the car. So now my car and the car behind were like a pair of unwillingly conjoined twins. Sarah, the other mother and car owner, was remarkably kind and understanding, but neither of us could separate. Not only that but neither of us had phones that worked. Another mother had a phone that worked but my garage has a name that defies all attempts to find it by directory enquiries (it’s either Autotech or Auto-Tech or Auto Tech). In the end the third mother drove me round to the garage to plead for their help. They were great – Sarah and I felt like a couple of pathetic girls, so grateful and relieved when our male knight in shining armour came to sort it out. There was no damage to my car and the damage to Sarah’s was very minor – but you know cars – the mechanic said there’s hardly anything to be fixed, it shouldn’t cost more than about £400 to sort it all out! I walked round and round the Woodland park afterwards and drew this in a few minutes.

I’m sorry if anything looks odd, but Blogger forced me to upgrade today even though I was not in the mood for it.

I have a lot to be grateful for, no-one was hurt, Sarah was kind, the other mother whose name I don’t know was very helpful, the garage mechanic came out to help, we have car insurance, Robin was laid back about the incident. Now if I keep repeating that over and over – maybe I can chant my way into a good mood.

200mm x 145mm pencil and watercolour in cartridge sketchbook

5 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

Oh Julie you are not having a good day, hope for a better one tomorrow and the little painting is lovely after all that drama.

9:30 pm  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

So much drama! One day Junior was driving his brother's largish car - with a towbar, stopped at the traffic lights on top of a kind of hill, backed a little and the towbar got stuck with a car behind, maybe the bumper. They had to juggle and juggle to untangle. I was watching from the pavement and it was so funny.
w.

5:33 am  
Blogger Penny said...

Forgot to say Julie thatJohn thinks my kangaroo hit was going to cost about $7000 for the insurance company!!

6:11 am  
Blogger Alison said...

Lovely spikey sketch to match your mood. Seems like we're all forking out money for prangs this month. I have to pay $500 excess, since the 'roos, although accepted as the guilty party, don't have insurance. I remeber seeing houses being moved along the M1 in England when I was a kid so your memory could well be right.

11:27 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for your troubles. I do really like that sketch though! Hope things are looking up...

9:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home