Sunday, February 04, 2007

Walk Two Hundred and Eighty-Five – Footpath to Ayres End

ayresendpastel

WALK12
Thanks to Robin looking after Xavier I was able to spend much more time than usual on my drawing for today. He pushed me out of the door early. There was a slight frost but it was a beautiful day. I had thought it might be better to wait for the frost to melt, but thank goodness I didn't, because two thirds of the way through this – in a matter of moments – a freezing cold mist descended. I finished off, but Rufus and I came home chilled to the bone. It was very enjoyable using a different medium – some pastel pencils I bought in my student days, but carrying a full array of colours creates a much more cumbersome artbag than taking out a small set of watercolours.
350mm x 250mm pastel pencils on Arches HP

10 Comments:

Blogger Hashi said...

This is beautiful! I love disappearing pathways :-) And your shadows are always delightful.

2:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've just discovered your blog. What a great idea, and beautiful art!---Carol C.

12:56 am  
Blogger Alison said...

Great variety of line directions here - oh to be chilled to the bone :)

11:30 am  
Blogger Tami said...

This is such an interesting drawing with all the colors and lines! Beautiful!

3:54 pm  
Blogger Penny said...

Oh Julie this is beautiful, such lovely detail. I have a few pastel pencils I have never used, food for thought
We are thank goodness quite cold this morning, a perishing wind but trouble is then you feel so tired after so much heat and these huge drops in temperature just make you want to sleep.

9:24 pm  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

How lovely to walk in a place like this! I like the bands of colour and texture on the left. You lucky duck being cool over there!
w.

12:47 am  
Blogger Making A Mark said...

Interesting to see a new media at this stage of the year!

What were you using for a surface?

12:59 pm  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Thanks all for your comments. Hi Carol, glad you like it. Katherine it was drawn on an Arches HP watercolour paper block - propped on my lap.

11:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow uve got talent
i love to draw and paint and id give anything to draw and paint lik you - any tips?

7:16 pm  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Practice, practice, practice. And I certainly haven't done enough, but I did get plenty of practice as a child because there was nothing to do apart from drawing on butcher's paper. Thank you for your compliments.

7:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home