Thursday, January 18, 2007

Walk Two Hundred and Sixty-Eight – 80mph winds

poundfarmclouds
Clouds scudding across the sky over Pound Farm. I walked up to and past the Bluebell Wood – I didn’t want to risk a branch falling on my head. Sadly Robin’s Christmas present of a mystery date tonight has been cancelled as the performer has been stuck somewhere because of the havoc caused by the gales. I worked out some time ago that he’d bought tickets for an Elvis impersonator and I wanted to see in the intervening time how many Elvis lyrics I could slip into conversation before he realised I’d guessed. I thought I was coming close to getting caught out last night when I left my shoes in front of the bedroom doorway and said as he came in – ‘Don’t tread on my blue suede shoes and would you mind moving them out of the way’.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful drawing! It reminds me of the E. H. Shepard Winnie-the-Pooh drawings.

1:22 am  
Blogger Penny said...

Julie, the last three sketches are great. Ilove the one of Xavier and the story of Rufus. Raining here, wonderful but very hot and tropical, the garden is getting a precious soak and the tanks are filling. Not so sure about the dams.

4:40 am  
Blogger Alison said...

Beautiful - I've heard you've been having some ferocious weather - you've really caught the mood here.

7:57 am  
Blogger SideShowMom said...

Julie, sorry about your date! The hints are funny! Grand drawing/painting of your blustery walk! Pooh, indeed!

6:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home