Friday, January 19, 2007

Walk Two Hundred and Sixty-Nine – Aftermath of the storm

woods
A very quick five minute drawing as I walked through the woods that fringe the Woodland Park. Fallen branches everywhere. Lots of work so no time to indulge in drawing.

This evening Xavier made us struggle to keep our faces straight because of his inability and unwillingness to apologise to Hugo for a misdemeanour. He has always struggled to say sorry even if it could mean missing out on a treat. Amazing that even a year ago he couldn’t glibly say sorry – which I suppose at least means that he understands the power of admitting a wrongdoing. He desperately wanted his jelly dessert but couldn’t bring himself to apologise and so was resorting to threats. Finally, Flo and I were totally unable to stifle our giggles when after threatening to hide his school library toy/book bag he looked at us sternly and said ‘You have no choice!’. Funny that he worked out that I would suffer if the school bag disappeared.

3 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Does he realize that there is a difference between sorry ashamed and sorry regret - we only had sorry ashamed in our house so I would never say it either. I hope you didn't suffer storm damage.

2:44 am  
Blogger Penny said...

Interesting question Alison, my one very close grand daughter was always very quick to say sorry , but I always had a sneaking suspicion she knew she got out of things more easily by doing so. Hope the storm didnt hit you too badly, we have gale force winds here now, not much more rain so far.
Very expressive sketch.

9:57 am  
Blogger Penny said...

Interesting question Alison, my one very close grand daughter was always very quick to say sorry , but I always had a sneaking suspicion she knew she got out of things more easily by doing so. Hope the storm didnt hit you too badly, we have gale force winds here now, not much more rain so far.
Very expressive sketch.

9:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home