Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Walk Two Hundred and Forty-Five – Infidelity

boxingday
I drove off in the car to enjoy walking in a different wood today. For some unknown reason we always have a walk in Cuffley Great Wood (several miles away) around Christmas or New Year, rather than visiting our nearby Bluebell Wood. It only seems to happen once a year, so I’m obviously not the straying type. The drawings are really little more than note-taking as I was accompanied by Robin wearing the Christmas paper hat (which by the way reminds me of Xavier’s great comment yesterday when we put our hats on after pulling the crackers ‘Why is everyone putting wrapping paper on their heads?’). You seem to get a more eccentric class of walker in this wood – there was of course Robin, then there was the girl facing the cold with the serious hiking boots and the incongruous bright red sleeveless top, and the family of Mum, Dad and four children walking in a wood beloved of dog-walkers, cowering in terror until we’d put Rufus on the lead.

130mm x 190mm ink on paper sample swatches

3 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Indeed - a wood for the weirdos :)

11:03 pm  
Blogger Penny said...

Oh Julie I love this quick sketches, so much is told in them, love Xaviers comment!

3:14 am  
Blogger Karen said...

Another of my haunts when I was a child.

12:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home