Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Walk Twenty-three – Malevolent clouds





I swear there’s a rain cloud up there that has it in for me. This evening the drizzle of rain had eventually stopped as I set off. But I think there was one cloud that had been holding all its rain in waiting for that woman with a sketchbook. In the corner of Spencer meadow, behind the cattle, knee-deep in buttercups, there is a dead tree that lends itself to a quick ink-brush treatment. However as soon as I started the drawing, that cloud released its rain to transform the dramatic lightning-struck tree to a far more gentle tree sprouting rain-induced blossom. Once I’d finished the rain stopped. Just to test my theory, I opened my sketchbook again up in the bluebell wood, and what do you know – the rain started again. But Ha! I didn’t do another drawing!

4 Comments:

Blogger Pedro said...

I am following your walks with great interest and loving the sketches.
What a wonderfull program you have!

9:29 pm  
Blogger Making A Mark said...

Julie - you ought to try and fool it - I bet that cloud doesn't get out of bed before midday! ;)

Nice drawing - very Van Gogh!

10:43 pm  
Blogger Alison said...

Ilove the contrast of the delicate branches of the tree and the 'evil mushrooms' that seem to be rapidly sprouting below.

6:56 am  
Blogger Felicity Grace said...

That's a really vindictive cloud! (Love the effect of the drops though! I like greasy spots and a dusting a flour over my cookbooks too, it shows 'history'. Your drawing has a story and you'll remember it!)

8:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home