Monday, May 15, 2006

Walk Twenty-one – Junction







After drawing the junction between Hammonds Lane and Coleman Green Lane, I detoured round the small wood and discovered these wonderful wild flowers which I’ve never seen locally before. I’d already spent as much time as I could afford on one drawing, so I took less than five minutes to get the flower down on paper and then added colour at home using Photoshop. I nevertheless had to jog back as five minutes more than you expect to be looking after Xavier at the end of the day, is too much for even the most patient of child-minders

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Julie I saw you in the small wood earlier and you told me to come onto the wbsite. I think your drawings are fantastic and I hope to see you again soon!

8:20 pm  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Thank you Dominic - my sons have art blogs as well http://artblogtom.blogspot.com and http://hugooakley.blogspot.com
It's been great fun putting pictures onto a blog. And its easy and free to set up a blog with Blogger.

9:19 pm  
Blogger Alison said...

I wrote a comment yesterday but blogger seems to have eaten it. Those flowers are such a weed here, beautiful though they are. I wish we could have some of your rain.

1:05 am  
Blogger Making A Mark said...

Spreading the word and collecting new bloggers I see - is there no end to this woman's enterprise!

I like the drawing of the junction - and yet I keep thinking it shouldn't work because you've got the signpost bang in the middle - but it does!

2:33 pm  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Alison I wish I could give you some of it. I'm looking out of my window thinking 'that drizzle is never going to stop so it's going to have to be another very short walk and short drawing today'

Katherine, Dominic was one of three young boys - so I thought try and catch 'em young. Re the composition, some of the fields round here have big logs where there are gaps in the hedges (to deter flytipping). They make great seats so sometimes composition takes a back seat over comfort.

4:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home