Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Walk Twenty-nine – View from the scout hut

scouthutview
WALK29
When we first moved to Sandridge I was slightly unnerved by the arrangements of branches and moss that I came across in the woods (I’d probably been scared to death by seeing the film ‘The Blair Witch Project’). However I subsequently discovered that Langley Wood is the playground and classroom for the Sandridge Scouts – so no need to get worried, just little boys and some girls getting into practice making shelters and huts for outdoor survival. Which reminds me – must get Xavier’s name on the waiting list, all the other mums are so much more organised than me, they probably had their children on the list at birth.

6 Comments:

Blogger Pedro said...

Another great sketch with some colour. Wonderfull.

2:02 am  
Blogger Alison said...

A lovely composition, with the near and the distant - and there's your barbed wire. Looks like the clouds are skudding over - not dripping on you today

8:59 am  
Blogger Papierflieger said...

Very nice drawing, even the wire fence looks peaceful.

10:24 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie, here's what I get when I tried again to subscribe to this blog via Bloglines: No feeds were found. Please verify that the website publishes an RSS feed. As I said, I've subscribed to your other blog (nd 48 others!) for a long time via Bloglines, so I'm not sure what is going on. Wonder if others are having the same problem.

11:47 am  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Thank you all. Laura I may have sorted it, do please try again.

11:32 pm  
Blogger Making A Mark said...

Laura - it doesn't have an RSS feed - only an Atom one. And Bloglines doesn't have a problem with it as I've subscribed to both Julie's blogs with it. Try just putting in the URL in the 'add' function maybe?

Nice sketch Julie - love the sepia colouration.

And it's cubs first!

Plus you must have got one of those dry intervals - on Tuesday it chucked it down in Oxfordshire for about 10 minutes every hour!

1:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home