Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Walk Three Hundred and Twenty-Three – Ayres End House

ayresendhouse
I was a bit naughty today and walked a route that did not appear as a public footpath on the Ordnance Survey map. However what prompted my considering a route off the path were some signs put up by the farmer forbidding horses and riders from using the grass verges around the edges of the fields. So I reasoned that if he was outlawing horses and riders then presumably he doesn’t mind one careful walker with an obedient dog. It meant that I would see some of the places I’m so familiar with from a different angle. The right corner of the field in the background is where I sat to draw the railway line the other day.
Robin is busy at the moment making up flatpack bunk beds for Flo and Xavier. A bit of a milestone as this will be Xavier’s first bed and last night was definitely the last time I would ever have a child in a cot, sniff.

195mm x 125mm pen and watercolour in large moleskine

2 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

Oh dear he is growing up, I am sure the farmer wont mind you and your dog especially if he sees you painting. A lovely one too love the clouds.

10:23 am  
Blogger Alison said...

Well, you better give away the cot, just to be on the safe side!
I love the curves in this landscape. You must be getting so quick at them.

11:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home