Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Walk Three Hundred and Fifteen – A bit of culture

stpauls
A meeting with clients in London, all morning and after lunch. With Robin being the responsible adult at home, I felt I could indulge myself a bit afterwards and see this portrait that Katherine Tyrell wrote about in her blog. It was, in my opinion, the best piece in the exhibition, by far. Why didn’t it win one of the prizes?* Anyway thanks to Katherine for directing me there. And hello to delightful Fenella and baby Darina who were also enjoying the exhibition. Oh and I did lots of walking around Paddington, the City of London, St Pauls, across the Millenium Bridge, down the Embankment and back over the river to Blackfriars.

* Edited to add: If you look in the comments below it turns out Sue’s painting did win a well deserved first prize

200mm x 145 mm pen in small sketchbook

5 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

What an interesting face you have directed us to. I like to find these odd blogs and see what other people are doing.

4:59 am  
Blogger Alison said...

Ooh, luck you - being able to just go and look at something Catherine's talking about. Sounds like you had a great day with only your own agenda to think about.

10:03 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Actually I did win a prize, I had a phone call yesterday to say that I had won the Daler Rowney 1st prize. Apparently they couldn't judge it earlier due to illness. Thanks for your lovely comments about my work. Sue Rubira.

11:16 am  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Penny and Alison, it was lovely to go and see this painting that I had admired so much on the web.
Sue, thank you for visiting. I'm delighted about the prize, it was so well deserved.

9:18 pm  
Blogger Making A Mark said...

I'm really glad to see Sue got her prize - it's so well deserved. Plus I am course now preening around because I said it should have got one!!! ;)

1:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home