Friday, March 09, 2007

Walk Three Hundred and Eighteen – Nightfall over Spencer playing field

spencerplayingfield
Today the walk and drawing were all a bit rushed and curtailed as Robin and I had a rare evening out and we also had to squeeze in an unexpected Doctor’s visit for Xavier when I was hoping to walk. I’ll make up for lack of walking distance I promise. I chose this spot because I was able to stand under another street light to draw and paint. The building is the Sandridge sports and social club – the sort of damp, cheerless venue that most English villages seem to have. Funnily enough our evening out for our friend’s 50th birthday party, was at another sports and social club which was the complete opposite – a very smart building with balconies overlooking the Albanian Rugby club playing fields.

185mm x 110mm pen and watercolour in watercolour Moleskine

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You say this drawing was rushed but I think it's one of your best ones yet. That sometimes happens don't you think, when you have less time you select only what's essential. You've really captured the time of day, I love it.

2:20 pm  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Thank you Sue. I agree. However, I feel as though I never have enough time most of the time. I'm always thinking 'is it worth spending another couple of minutes or should I stop and rush home because somebody needs me?'

4:59 pm  
Blogger Alison said...

Great evening sketch - you've indeed caught the dusky feel.

10:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like these colors very much. Your drawings bring the reader along with you on your walks. Thank you!

12:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home