Sunday, March 04, 2007

Walk Three Hundred and Thirteen – Rose and Crown

rosencrown
I delayed walking as the day started dismally, with a constant drizzle, but it never stopped, so I forced myself out in the afternoon. Now if you, my lovely readers were not there, I really don’t think I would have bothered. I’d have bribed one of the children to give Rufus a quick run around Spencer playing field. Anyway I stopped in a doorway to draw, before trudging up the hill, round the Bluebell Wood, slipping and getting covered in mud, and coming home.
My son Hugo tells me that the make of the car on the right, for sale at the next-door business, is perfectly recognisable – which rather pleases me as I am rather pathetic when it comes to vehicles.

200mm x 145mm pen in small sketchbook

7 Comments:

Blogger Hashi said...

It's a Mini, right?
Once again I have to congratulate you on your fabulous persistence to this challenge. I'm noting with some alarm that the end of the year is approaching ... what then?

4:58 pm  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Yes a mini cooper my son says. In a nice shade of blue and £11995 if you're interested!
End of the year - hmmm I'll have to see.

9:52 pm  
Blogger Alison said...

You are so good at catching the character of your village buildings. I love the little windos and steep rooves.

9:23 am  
Blogger Penny said...

A lovely typical English Pub, dont you dare leave me to travel by myself! Please please.
A lovely drawing Julie, oh for that drizzle.

9:45 am  
Blogger Felicity Grace said...

Ah, well it's good to hear you are human Julie! ;) I'd have made a million excuses by now, being very lazy! Great sketch and I recognised the car straight away - I love those new Minis! I want mine in graphite grey though!

1:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sketch looks a lot like the Rose & Crown at Ridgmont, Beds. A long awaited bypass has now commenced construction and I expect a lot of passing trade will go, but it's a nice pub with good food.
I do hope you are the kind of blogger who looks back for 'late' comments and will reply to this one.
Su

11:49 pm  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Hi Su, I try to reply but sometimes life gets in the way. I can assure you I didn't walk all the way to Bedfordshire that day! This is just down the road in Sandridge near St Albans.

8:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home