Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Walk Two Hundred and Ninety-Four – Rhubarb

rhubarb
walk35
I had to walk back from the garage after dropping the car off for a health check this morning. I stopped off at Carpenter’s (a local market garden that sells fruit and vegetables and garden supplies) to pick up some fruit and vegetables and brought home this lovely pink Yorkshire rhubarb. In case you didn’t know, it’s grown in the dark and picked by candlelight to retain the colour. I had planned to draw when I went to pick up the car, but by the time it was ready it was dark, so I reckoned that as the rhubarb was bought on the daylight part of the walk it would be an OK subject.

275mm x 175mm soft pastels on grey pastel paper

2 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Oh, this is beautiful - lovely detail in the leaves and stems and such a great 3D feel to the board.

10:15 am  
Blogger Penny said...

My rhubarb just grows in full sun with red stems, must be a special variety you have. I agree with Alison, lovely detail.

12:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home