Monday, February 19, 2007

Walk Three Hundred – Overcast again

overcastday
This is the walk up to the Bluebell Wood again.
Our weather is so changeable in England there’s no chance of me cheating on this challenge. Katherine in London is close enough to be having pretty much the same weather, so I can’t just dig out an old drawing as she’d know if I got the weather wrong.

Over the year I’ve started to feel very affectionate towards elements of the landscape around here. There are trees that feel to me like old friends because I’ve spent time looking at them in a way I probably would never have done without this challenge. And it’s funny to think that these old friends of mine could well be around hundreds of years after I die. Although some of them could be chopped down, like the silver birch trees I drew here.

170mm x 250mm watercolour and pen on Arches CP paper

5 Comments:

Blogger I need orange said...

What an amazing sky. Wow. Nice.

12:10 am  
Blogger Penny said...

I am slowly begining to feel the same way about some of our stuff, but feel it gets a bit boring here, too many bright sunny days!

1:38 am  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Thank you I need orange.
Penny I suppose you could ring the changes by the different light and lengths of shadows throughout the day.

8:56 am  
Blogger Alison said...

Funny - I wonder how often each of us thinks of 'cheating' - what a sin! :) Lovely sky - we are having some great thundery skies at the moment and suffering the associated humidity but we keep missing the rain. I'll have to have another go at sketching them.

3:56 am  
Blogger Making A Mark said...

Only when I've got tenosynovitis and don't write comments because my hand hurts too much (as it is has recently) can you cheat! I don't tend to read blogs then as it's too much temptation to comment and then recovery takes so much longer. However when I do come along later I can't remember what the weather was like this far back!

2:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home