Saturday, February 17, 2007

Walk Two Hundred and Ninety-Eight – Snowdrops by the scout hut

snowdrops
A very quick walk and sketch today. Apart from this walk my whole day seems to have been shopping for food. I’ve just finished a novel where a recently divorced woman felt uncomfortable going into the butchers and buying one or two chops. I wonder whether I’ll feel like that when the children have all left home – I can’t imagine I will. I think I’ll just be grateful that I can shop quickly and carry home light shopping bags.

90mm x 130mm watercolour in cartridge sketchbook

4 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

Julie it is just after 9 am and I have come in from feeding the ponies, I am red in the face and sweat is pouring off me! I think the temp is about 37 degrees and there are thunderclouds and a high nasty north wind (where we get the flies and the fires from) the change is supposed to com in at about midday but when it is so sticky not much of a change. Fan and air conditioner going all night, no clothes still a bad night for sleeping. Flies are now biting, so I think my hour of getting in and out of the toyota and throwing out hay will have to suffice for a few more days!
Love those snowdrops, once tried to grow them but too hot in the summer.

10:53 pm  
Blogger andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Beautiful.

12:23 am  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Lovely painting and for us in this bleak no-water land, this is a reminder of late winter and delicate flowers.
The woman in the butcher shop- hey, was the butcher a honey or what?
w.

2:42 am  
Blogger Alison said...

The white page gives such luminosity to the petals - we used to go snowdrop picking in Scotland - I can't remember what we would have done with basket-fuls of snowdrops?

3:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home