Friday, February 16, 2007

Walk Two Hundred and Ninety-Seven – Hugo texting the chauffeur

hugoontrain
Hugo has been spending half-term week in Plymouth on a seamanship course and I needed to meet him at Paddington station. I had originally planned to get into London early enough to walk, visit a couple of art shops, sit down somewhere and paint something in London and then meet him. However time ran out and I had to head straight to Paddington after the art shops. So this was quickly painted on the twenty minute train journey from Kings Cross to St Albans.

4 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

I hadnt realised you were so close to London. I really like your portraits.So hot here it is hard to be enthused about anything.I will be glad when it cools down.

9:49 pm  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

On a fast train the journey is about 26 minutes. Of course there's getting from the station to your destinations at each end. I find that if I have a meeting in London if I leave an hour and half before the meeting (without bothering to look at train timetables) I'm always there in plenty of time.

3:07 pm  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Close to London yet you have these wonderful quiet landscapes as if you own the whole world!
Hey, how do you manage to paint on a train journey? Doesn't your paint and water spill all over other passengers?
w.

2:39 am  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Wendy - this was outside the rush hour, so I had a free seat next to me and I used water brushes so all the water was in the brushes. It wasn't easy (as it was a much larger piece of paper than I would normally attempt on a train journey and it was paint) but I wanted to see if I could do it.

9:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home