Friday, October 06, 2006

Walk One Hundred and Sixty-Four – Downpour at the Woodland park

rainyday
This was drawn from the car as the unrelenting rain would have made a drawing even more impossible than yesterday. In the end I gave up waiting for the rain to stop , drove home and walked in a completely different direction up to the Bluebell wood once the the rain had stopped. If I’m blogging in ten years’ time Xavier will have a lot of complaints about all the discussions with the whole world about his bowel movements, but I had to share the good news, today for the first time unprompted he chose to use the toilet, when I picked him up from nursery. So, luckily we had the car and I drove to the nearest charity shop (which is where he thinks all toys come from) and he picked out a big yellow truck as a reward.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

Beautiful job of capturing the sense of rain!

Yes, you better hope all of these post are gone by the time he is ten or so, he will find this even worst than you showing off naked baby pictures of him *chuckle*!

4:41 am  
Blogger Alison said...

What a lovely fine day! And well done Xavier - let's hope there aren't too many relapses.

12:51 pm  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

Wonderful drawing--great linework and congrats on the toilet training. I remember those days well even though they were many years ago!

7:02 pm  
Blogger Making A Mark said...

There can't be many babies who get their toilet traing recorded in this way! Let's just hopes his friends don't find it!

You always seem to go monotone when it's been a bad day - or is that my inmagination?

12:33 am  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Sorry to inflict Xavier's toilet training on you all - but it seems to dominate my life at times. Katherine the monotone/bad day thing could be more of a co-incidence. I usually take one or the other and, I make some sort vague decision, like not much time today so small sketchbook and a handful of pencils, or I have time, the weather is good so I'm going to luxuriate in a bigish painting using proper paintbrushes, or not much time but I'm in the mood for colour so tiny sketchbook, paints and waterbushes

11:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home