Monday, October 02, 2006

Walk One Hundred and Sixty – Five minutes of concentration

fiveminuteview
This is from Jersey Farm Woodland Park and was an attempt to try to distill the view in the five minutes I could afford to take. At the moment I need the few hours that Xavier is in morning and afternoon nurseries to keep on top of design work. However trying to park near the nursery at the end of the day for pick-up is difficult unless you get there very early. I’m quite happy to walk there, but I can’t take a dog into the school grounds and it’s too risky to leave my highly desirable Rufus tied up at the entrance, which is a real shame because then he sometimes ends up having a night walk. However I had a lightbulb moment last night when I thought I should drive there at drop off (when the parking is easy) with Rufus, who will be safe in the parked car while I take Xavier to the door. Then I walk home with Rufus, leaving the car to be picked up by me when I walk back at the end of the day giving Rufus another day time walk.

By the way the triangle-shaped buildings in the distance on the right is Nashe’s Farm – can any of you work out where I would have been sitting to draw the landscape you can see in the post before last?

5 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

You were either on the other side of the hedge at the far right or on the other side of the farm completely.

I should try some of these simple felt pen sketches, you do them so nicely.

12:41 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your blogs! I don't know how I stumbled across them, but now have them bookmarked. They are inspiring! I love to walk and sketch also (and do design work for income).

_CK_

1:40 pm  
Blogger Making A Mark said...

It's all this exercise - it's giving your brain cells a work-out!

5:39 pm  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Ah Tami – and I thought it was obvious from the hedges, trees and radio mast/pylon type things. The answer can be found at http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=259939313&size=o
BTW this one is a brush pen - slightly more flexibility than a felt tip.

Hello ck and welcome - if you have a blog/website let us know the address.

Yes it sometimes can take a while to work out the bleedin' obvious.

7:03 pm  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Sorry the last remark was addressed to Katherine

7:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home