Saturday, July 22, 2006

Walk Eighty-nine – Xavier on Grace’s bench

xaviergrace
A quick walk to the bluebell woods after an exhausting day. My daughter Flo was back from her tall ships’ race, but only had a few hours at home to catch up on sleep while I laundered all her clothes and got her packed and off to the train station for a week’s summer camp. Robin and the boys are away and I have a lot on. However I received a very funny blackly comic e-mail from a friend which has kept me bouyed up for the last couple of days, and no, I’m sorry I can’t share it with you because you just wouldn’t appreciate it unless your mother is like her’s and mine.

3 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Black humour is the best for getting through the worst of times - I'm glad you have someone on the same wavelength to share outrageousnesses with :)How lovely it is to have little ones coming along as the older ones depart - part of the rightness of the world somehow.

9:42 am  
Blogger Penny said...

I agree with Alisons comments. I had a lovely phone call from my youngest grandson Will aged 6 who always asks after our dog as he doesnt have one, love the sketches of Xavier, he looks like a real charmer.
As usual your line drawings are terrific, wish I could get enough practice to do the same. Will be off line for 3 days getting my mother into care. Not looking foreward to it.

11:04 am  
Blogger Felicity Grace said...

Sounds like a difficult time in many ways - I hope there is/was no sting in the tail that you were referring to. (I'm very sure I would understand that mail!) Anyway, well done (seriously) for keeping to your resolution throughout - the heat alone would have been bad enough.

8:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home