Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Walk Eight – The village



This is another ‘Friday’ post as Xavier was with me. We headed for a different playground. However he dropped asleep just before we arrived so I took advantage of that and sat to draw on a bench the opposite side of the pond with the village in the distance. I’m not happy with this drawing, the proportions are all wrong – the church looks far closer than it was in reality. However I usually console myself about poor drawings that it is precisely the differences between drawings and reality that give drawings their charm.

6 Comments:

Blogger Making A Mark said...

Just so - otherwise you might as well have taken a camera!

10:51 pm  
Blogger Karen Jinks said...

what a wonderful idea and fantastic drawings - you are an inspiration to us all in blogland ;0)

7:58 am  
Blogger Alison said...

Yes, absolutely.

7:58 am  
Blogger Hashi said...

And Julie, we will never know if your drawing matches the reality. We just get to enjoy it as it is!

4:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Were I to try and draw this, it would be a mess.

4:32 pm  
Blogger Jim said...

I really like your pen and ink drawings!

8:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home