Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Walk One – Wood Anemones


For my first walk I decided to walk up to Langley Wood and around the the field to Hill End Farm. As it was drizzling with rain I thought that drawing under the shelter of the trees would protect my sketch book. However the rain dripped all over the picture – which I think improved it immeasurably. I wanted to capture the anemones quickly because the bluebells are just starting to show through which is a sign that the anemones won’t be with us much longer. I’m going to have to be a bit more scientific about this challenge, because although I walked well over the distance required by the challenge – I may have picked a spot that was within the one mile zone. So when I have time I’ll sort out Ordnance Survey maps to mark the spot.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fabulous idea!

I am sure Rufus approves wholeheartedly.

Rachel

2:42 am  
Blogger Cream said...

Great Idea!
You know, Julie, in every corner of Britain, there is a Hill End or a Hill Top Farm!
I wish I had the time or the MOTIVATION to walk!

10:50 am  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Cream - come on it's only one mile! I suppose you could start the '100 yards from home' blog!

1:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home