Thursday, March 01, 2007

Walk Three Hundred and Ten – No name wood in the distance

fromthewoodland
A quickie, standing up, small sketchbook and small watercolour set in one hand. I would never have attempted this when I was a young student – I was far too perfectionist and as a result I never filled a sketchbook in eight years of being an art student. My poor son Tom (the one who likes art the most) gets his ear bent constantly by me – keep a tiny sketchbook with you – just draw whenever you have five minutes. So of course he’s taken the mobile phone and the MP3 player out of his pocket and replaced it with a sketchbook – yeah right!

185mm x 135mm walnut ink and watercolour

2 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

Well at least you tried and if he takes no notice that is not your fault. I agree, not to be seen any where without some sort of sketchbook. Stinking hot again today, not condusive to walks, I come in bright red and blowing so I have to remember what I saw.

9:26 am  
Blogger Alison said...

Lovely composition - beautiful clouds and rolling hills

10:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home