Friday, November 03, 2006

Walk One Hundred and Ninety-Two – Backlit tree

backlittree
Another lunch time dash across the woodland park and once again without Rufus. He’s still in ‘hospital’ and still very ill. They still don’t know whether surgery is necessary and they’re still waiting for lab results. He’ll almost definitely be in for all of the weekend. Thank you for all your good wishes. I really am not terribly sentimental about animals – I value humans much more – but this little dog has such a special place in my heart, I feel very tearful, thinking how he’s feeling awful and he dooesn’t have any of his ‘family’ with him while they give him drips and barium meals and x-rays and goodness knows what else.

85mm x 130mm ink pen in watercolour moleskine.

5 Comments:

Blogger Karen Sandstrom said...

Very nice backlit tree - you really get the backlit feeling. And I'm sorry to hear about Rufus. I wish him well. They certainly worm their way into our hearts, don't they?

2:27 pm  
Blogger Penny said...

Julie I tried to leave a message yesterday and couldnt get into your comment box, blogger again I suppose. I do hope that Rufus is ok, sounds as if at least there is some hope at the moment. Hope he didnt pick up a bait of some kind. The back lit tree is interesting.

8:03 pm  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

I like the drawing but I'm so sad to hear about your poor sick pup. I'm very sentimental about animals--nearly as much as with people (more so in the case of some people). I hope your vet is able to find the problem and solve it. My good friend's dog has a bad habit of eating socks and has even had to have them surgically removed from his stomach once!

8:42 am  
Blogger Alison said...

Lovely/interesting mark making in this one. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Rufus - I hope he has improved a bit today.

11:22 am  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Karen, Penny, Jana and Alison - thnk you so much for your good wishes for Rufus. As you can see all those good wishes around the world have worked and he seems to be on the mend - which is fantastic news

4:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home