Thursday, October 26, 2006

Walk One Hundred and Eighty-Four – Churchyard tree

churchtree
Xavier and I spent the day in town trying to find a replacement toy camera, together with buying the ingredients for a magnificent pistachio and chocolate cake for Tom’s fifteenth birthday tomorrow. I don’t bake cakes very often, but when I do they have to be worth having all those extra calories. Xavier wore the skeleton outfit, that Robin bought him for Halloween, all day. It has turned out to be a surprise aid in the toilet training saga – he loves it, and he wants to wear it all the time, and he doesn’t want to have a toilet accident in it because he won’t be able to wear it!
The drawing was done when Robin could take over looking after Xavier – I drew in the churchyard and then walked as dusk fell over the Bluebell Wood.

4 Comments:

Blogger Hashi said...

This is delightful!

Good to hear of Xavier's motivation (I cannot imagine going through potty training again!)

4:52 am  
Blogger Tami said...

This is so pretty with it's skirt of gold!

6:31 am  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

I'm with Hashi on the potty training--though I think the only thing that made it hard for me was starting too early. How great that the costume has provided the needed inspiration. The tree painting is charming. So fresh and expressive.

9:00 pm  
Blogger Penny said...

I love the tree with its fallen leaves around its base and the few left flying like defiant flags in the wind. Glad to hear the potty training is progressing. What a relief when is done.

12:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home