Thursday, November 02, 2006

Walk One Hundred and Ninety-One – Bad drawing

baddrawing
Today my heart isn’t in it. I woke up this morning to find the kitchen floor looking something like a Quentin Tarantino movie – covered in blood and diarrhoea. Poor Rufus is very ill – he’s always been very healthy and he’s not very old, but the vet has had to keep him while they do tests to see what exactly is the matter and whether he needs surgery or some other treatment. And I need to be prepared for him not coming home. He’s accompanied me on almost every walk and I don’t think I can bear it without him.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

Oh Julie! I so hope you poor Rufus recovers. My dogs also hike with me and I would be heartbroken if something happened to either one of them.

8:16 pm  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Poor you and Rufus. Please let us know how things go. I don't have a dog but so dearly wish I could (asthma). So, I can only imagine how you must feel. I hope your drawing offered some comfort to you.

4:18 am  
Blogger Alison said...

Oh yes, poor you and I guess Robin is still away? I was overseas when my dog had to be put down but she was old - I miss her still. There's nothing quite like the unreserved loyalty and enthusiasm of a dog. I hope Rufus is able to recover.

5:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie, I'm so sorry to hear about Rufus. I do hope the vet was able to allay your fears. Let us know how he gets on, please.

10:09 am  
Blogger Making A Mark said...

Julie - I'm so sorry to hear that - fingers crossed that it can all be sorted out and Rufus comes home again and is tickety boo.

1:40 pm  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Thank you all for your good wishes for Rufus. And yes Alison, Robin is away 'till Sunday. Can't wait to have him back.

2:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home