Sunday, November 05, 2006

Walk One Hundred and Ninety-Four – Great news

pond
walk194

I’m sure you’ll all be glad to hear Rufus is much better and at home now. I was so relieved and happy when the vet rang to say he was a different dog this morning. He’s very weak and still on medication, but he’s over the worst. I’ll be walking without him for a few days while he recuperates. I don’t like to linger by this pond when Rufus is with me in case he jumps in, so today was an opportunity to draw it.

125mm x 185mm pencil on cartridge paper

7 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

Yay!!!!! I AM SO GLAD!!!I would hug you if I was close enough! I hike with my dogs all the time and can't even imagine not having one of them. This drawing is absolutely stunning! Texture in the trees and water is dead on!

4:12 am  
Blogger Penny said...

I am so glad he is ok Julie, Love this dark drawing too. I am afraid I am so tired the thought of drawing makes me feel even tireder. I am still walking will report back in next week.

4:24 am  
Anonymous Annie said...

A time to enjoy and sketch, and have some quiet time to unwind from the worry, and to reflect. A pond is a perfect place for this. A fur person is a profound part of one's life, and Rufus is your day-to-day chum, as well. I am so glad that he is getting better, Julie.
Annie

4:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Rufus! I'm so happy for you all, and somehow I knew it would turn out like this thank goodness - more happy times ahead, and more lovely sketches. I'm sure Rufus's motivation for keeping it together was those up and coming walks with his lovely family. Hope you can boot away that anxiety now Julie and enjoy your sketching, with Rufus fossicking along in the not so distant future.Yay! He's over the worst!

6:18 am  
Blogger Alison said...

Wonderful sketch with great variety in values and textures and water so convincing. And I'm so glad too that Rufus is on the mend - did they discover what it was - was it a bait - is that something you ahve to worry about now? I hope not.

10:52 am  
Blogger Katherine said...

Julie - I'm so pleased to hear he's better. I remember how truly horrible it is when they're in vet hospital and you can't give them a cuddle so easily. I hope he gets better now he's home really quickly - I bet he will!

1:45 pm  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Oh it's so good that you're all so pleased for me. Alison and Penny - I don't think there is a problem over here with people leaving out poisoned bait - presumably something that happens in Oz? We still don't know what caused it – the lab results are not back yet. I don't know if we'll ever know.

4:51 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home