Thursday, June 01, 2006

Walk Thirty-eight – Wild flowers

whitecampion
I couldn’t for the life of me remember the name of this wild flower (white campion), even though it’s very common, but found a useful resource online here for identifying British wild flowers, for those moments when my brain is fogged up. I love all the wild flowers that grow at this time of year. No map today as it was my favourite Langley Wood walk for when I have very little time.

I am going to be without access to a scanner for a few days, however I will still be doing my one mile from home so you’ll get several posts at once after a short break.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lychnis coronaria. I've just planted several in my garden. I love them and I even love rose campion. Beautiful sketch.

2:10 am  
Blogger Penny said...

Hi Julie, I have started a new blog but dont know how to get it to you! With hope that you will accept my attempts as being good enough to join your one miler group
Cheers Penny in Victor Harbor South Australia Oh a thought, if you click on Penny it may get you there. I am hopeless at puting up links hanent a clue!

11:45 am  
Blogger Alison said...

Such a lovely drawing from a 'simple' little flower!

1:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see that yours is bladder campion, and therefore different from my lychnis coronaria alba. Oh well, still a great sketch.

10:48 pm  
Blogger vfm4 said...

this walk a mile thing is a very good idea (with in you case great drawing results) but how do you know if you've really walked a mile?

12:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Julie
Came across your walk a mile site by pure accident..... trying to identify some wild flowers! As a recently graduated but sadly not practicing mature art student,I found your site really interesting and inspiring. Here,s hoping it might get me off my backside and get those creative juices flowing once again. Many thanks

5:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is amazing artwork...good job!

4:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home