Saturday, May 27, 2006

WalkThirty-three – Thank God, it’s only a mile!

social
WALK33large

Believe it or not, it was ordinary unfit people doing the London Marathon that made me think of this year-long project. However I knew that whatever I did, if I was going to keep it up, it would probably have to be something I did very, very regularly. As I thought about what I could reliably manage every day, the distance got shorter and shorter and more and more distanced from marathon training. Eventually I settled on a mile there and a mile back (mainly because anything less would have made a crappy blog title and would have just been an embarrassment). Anyway on a day like today where all the energy seems to have sapped out of me, thank goodness I wasn’t more ambitious. Today I didn‘t even have the energy to draw, (which I'll have you know, is far more difficult outside when if you're lucky you might have half your bum perched on a wet bollard or where you find that you're having to use spit for a watercolour because you remembered all the materials apart from some water) Anyway for your delectation a few scribbles showing the hot night spots of Sandridge.

3 Comments:

Blogger Making A Mark said...

Are those foamy little pints I see on the map? Apparently it stops raining next Friday!

11:05 pm  
Blogger Alison said...

Well, after a year, maybe your whole bum will fit on a wet bollard - that should be much more comfy! EVERY day is quite an ask - even marathon trainers take days off - however, for me, at the moment I think that would be the beginning of a nibbling of the goal. It's all so very English in Sandridge. I hope you get some drier weather soon. My aunt in Northampton has been complaining too.

11:16 am  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

You spotted them Katherine!
Well Alison, if my bum is the same size at leat I'll have 'met' you guys and have a bunch of pictures and I think I'll like this place even more.

11:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home