Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Walk Thirty-seven - The pond

waterbirds
WALK37
Hugo, Xavier and I walked to the pond. The path alongside the road was overgrown and the crops and vegetation were shoulder-high but Xavier had his sword ready to defend us if any tigers should come out of the undergrowth. While the boys went on the swings and slides in the playground nearby I drew the birds in the pond. There were several mallards with some half-grown chicks together with a solitary Canada goose. Overhead house-martins swooped for insects and a single sparrowhawk circled a few times and then flew on to richer pastures.

6 Comments:

Blogger Hashi said...

Oh good job! I tried to draw ducks and geese at a pond recently, and was most dissatisfied with the results.

4:22 pm  
Blogger Ramesh Gandhi said...

This is such a wonderful idea, and I'm really enjoying looking at your drawings. The maps are a great idea too.

4:56 pm  
Blogger Penny said...

I found Alisons other blog today, been away for most of the month and then found yours, can any one join, it is such fun and really makes you sketch and think for every day. Love your pond, the house the people, the lot, added you to my favorites too.
Penny in Victor Harbor South Australia

3:14 am  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Hashi, there were a couple of pages that were much worse! Nancy welcome, and I'm glad you're enjoying my oddysey. Penny, anyone can join, so if you want to please do, the more the merrier. I've added people to the blogroll who have shown an interest, but if they haven't followed through with fairly regular posts, I have spared their blushes and taken them off.

9:36 am  
Blogger Alison said...

You have caught such accurate ducky and goosey poses. My dad used to go hunting ducks and geese and when that was banned, Mum got things from 'under the counter' at the butcher's.

12:04 pm  
Blogger Making A Mark said...

Julie - can you still post images using Blogger? I can't at all - see my blog for further details.

5:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home