Saturday, June 03, 2006

Walk Forty - Frinton-on-Sea

frintoncoffeecol
walk39
Tom and I left Robin with Xavier on the beach while we walked along the sea front to Frinton. We took a detour to take some photos of the art deco houses and then treated ourselves to drinks in a café with a courtyard, where I drew this couple. I think I may adopt this ‘gypsy’ look when I’m old – this lady carried it off beautifully. Robin drove over to join us for lunch. We then walked back to Walton and went on a seal boat trip on the backwaters. I’ll be posting the seal trip sketches on my other blog.
I have a lot of paid work to get done and my lovely childminder has taken a well-deserved week long holiday so apologies for not sorting out links for fellow walking sketch bloggers or replying to each of your comments. I’ll be attempting to catch up over the next week.

8 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

I love this one - how did you get such a flat yellow background - in photoshop?

1:13 pm  
Blogger Hashi said...

I like your comment about adopting a look when you're old. I have often looked at older women and wondered what I'll look like in my elder years, and what my 'style' might be.

Glad you're getting a break. Love seeing your pictures of a new place.

3:45 pm  
Blogger Pedro said...

Great sketch.
I believe it was also a good walk.

10:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the idea of a gypsy look

Rachel

5:18 am  
Blogger Penny said...

Help I AM older I am afraid and am a jeans and t shirt lady. No sone has said I cant still wear them so I suppose its ok. Love the sketch, they actually look like people, mine dont. Penny in South Australia

5:38 am  
Blogger Making A Mark said...

Julie - I am older, wear my hair up and am rather larger than I'd like to be! Not too sure whether the 'gypsy' look would suit though!

Great sketch - I to am intrigued by how you do the colours - in PS?

10:07 am  
Blogger Michelle Himes said...

I've been reading your blog. What a great way to get both exercise and sketching practice in. I need both so maybe I will have to try this. Your sketches are terrific!

Michelle

4:02 pm  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Alison and Katherine, yes the colour was added later in Photoshop. I just loved the colour they painted that wall so I had to put it in. The 'before' picture is up on my flickr account. Hashi, Rachel and Penny I mentiond the lady's look because quite a few of her generation seem to go for the 'gypsy' look and it looks terrible (harsh hair and make-up), but she looked great and sexy with it. PMBC, yes I was pleased I was able to fit in a longer walk.
Michelle try it out for a while and if you think you can stick at some version of walking/cycling/sketching/photographing let me know and I'll add you to the list.

8:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home