Friday, April 06, 2007

Walk Three Hundred and Forty-Six – Yellow fields

yellowfields
Despite the cheerfulness of this picture I’m feeling grumpy because it’s yet another weekend without Robin and without the car, and Xavier seems to be going through a tyrannical phase – which is something that can be difficult to bear on a holiday weekend without another adult to share the pressure. I need to think of something to do to get him out of the house early tomorrow, so I don’t spend the whole day tidying up and catering to his demands and feeling hard done by. Now, time to start the mantra – I have a lot to be grateful for, let me name the ways…

120mm x 195mm pen and watercolour in moleskine

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had to let you know that I checked out this blog of your's as well! I love the watercolours. Even when you're having a moan your life seems happy and full. Love to all the kids. PS I saw Equus in London as well or was it Amadeus with Frank Finley.... any way definitely saw the film with Peter Firth and loved it. I would love to take my daughter to it when she is 17, only 12 years to go.... xxxx Shulay

10:37 pm  
Blogger pedalpower said...

You've done such a good job keeping up with your walking....I've not done well. Maybe I'll have to jump back on the bandwagon.

6:41 am  
Blogger Alison said...

I hope you have found something to do - it usually worth finding the energy and enthusiasm to be proactive rather than reactive but easier said than done sometimes. I think it must soon be your turn for another 'mother's weekend away'!

1:09 pm  
Blogger Penny said...

I am off this morning and grabbing a few early minutes, keeping fingers crossed all is well. A lovely painting but honestly julie i dont know how you do it, but occasionally you just have to get out and enjoy, and dont forget to enjoy Xavier as well, he will be grown up before you know it. thinking of you.

10:48 pm  
Blogger Making A Mark said...

Actually I was just about to say you can count your blessings (eg the wetaher) and still curse as well!

I have a tyrannical boy cat - does that count? ;)

4:55 pm  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

It's funny how sometimes beautiful weather can make me even more grumpy (especially when I'm at work and can't go out and play in it but have to sit in a stupid office). I lvoe the colors in this one--the yellow is so effective.

8:39 pm  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Ah ha at last you've visited Shulay. Pedalpower maybe you could start afresh on my walk 365.
You're so right Alison.
And you Penny.
Aren't all cats imperious tyrants Katherine?
Jana that yellow is great isn't it and when the sky is blue or thunderstorm grey the combination is irresistible.

11:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home