Friday, March 30, 2007

Walk Three Hundred and Thirty-Nine – Pound Farm building

poundfarm
Thank goodness it’s friday evening. Another day where the paid work and catching the postal deadline for my VAT return almost overwhelmed me. This was quickly sketched after popping the letter in the post, walking Rufus up to the bluebell wood and before having to rush back to feed the hordes before they left for Sea Cadets. Today is my darling Flo’s seventeenth birthday. One of her presents (well it’s for me as well) is tickets for the West End production of Equus. Although she can’t help getting the giggles at the thought of seeing fellow seventeen year old, Daniel Radcliffe (of Harry Potter fame) without any clothes on, I know she’ll appreciate the play as much as I did when I first saw it in London, when I was about the same age as she is now.

195mm x 125mm watersoluble pencil in moleskine

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie - I really like these tonal sketches in pencil. Very soft and evocative.

4:10 am  
Blogger Judith said...

Hullo, Julie. Just dropping in to say sorry you didn't get shortlisted for the Herts24 Web Awards - nor did I. But I visit you regularly now so I have gained something from it. Good luck, and as you near your 365th day I wonder what you will do next.

7:58 am  
Blogger Alison said...

Lovely - well done you, for squeezing this demand into an overly busy day. I saw Equus at that age too - still very memorable.

1:00 pm  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Judith - it might have helped if I'd put the widget in my sidebar! Having said that I'm also very pleased I found your blog and have subscribed to it so I can see whenever you update. Nothing on the shortlist interested me and I haven't bothered to look at any of the others again.
Alison funnily enough I saw one of the actors who played one of the horses at the V&A with his family a couple of months ago. I still recognised his striking face after all these years.

9:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home