Sunday, April 01, 2007

Walk Three Hundred and Forty-One – Palm Sunday and the Bluebell Wood

woods
I got up this morning, after a fairly disturbed night, to get a packed lunch ready for Hugo’s kayaking day. Several teenagers were buried under duvets in the open plan living area, so breakfast was also supplied whilst I cleared up some of the party chaos. Then Xavier and I left for the Palm Sunday procession. We decided that Xavier’s Disney Hercules costume was the nearest thing to biblical times and he looked pretty much like a Roman soldier in it. Tom, was despatched to the garden in his pyjamas to cut ‘palms’ for Xavier and I to wave. We ran briskly across the village and congregated at the village school where several of the villagers were also dressed up. A bearded bespectacled man played the part of Jesus and Dandy the donkey also joined the procession. Vanessa, the vicar led us in prayers, singing and criss-crossing the village in procession to the church. A great fun way for Xavier to understand the bible story. I did bring my sketch book, but with hands full of palms, song sheet and soldier’s sword, my sketch had to wait until I walked later on with Rufus.
195mm x 120mm pencil and watercolour in moleskine

3 Comments:

Blogger wheatgerm said...

Seems like the trees are taking a nap

4:51 am  
Blogger Alison said...

This sounds like a lot of fun - I'm about to start my sunday set of memory paintings in which, in church, women and girls get to do nothing except worship men and make the tea! I like this quickie of the woods - I hope i can soon 'make a leap'to less detailed, yet expressive sketches.

12:26 pm  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Nice sketch. What a busy day you have had - and everyday for you is full of life and fun!
w.
Hey, you didn't draw the donkey?

7:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home